Friday, July 11, 2014

Watercolor Gallery Wall...What Would You Change?



Ok, guys, I need your opinions. Oh yeah, hi, by the way. I'm dispensing with niceties today because I'm distressed about my gallery wall. See, I spent a lot of time creating watercolors using Waterlogue (an app that I LOVE...check out my review of it here). Problem is, when the whole thing came together I was like...meh. Just not overwhelmed with love. And I'm so disappointed because I had envisioned this post so differently. You know, I was going for heaps of praise and admiration for a job well-done. (Only slightly kidding).

So what's wrong with this picture?



I love the individual elements like the still lifes...





...and the landscapes:



But it's definitely lacking something, right? My friend Cara says I need to vary up the frames some, and I would agree that this is part of the problem. The other issue, I think, is that antique painting in the middle. I love its colors, but...grrrr. It's just not right! And the paint color in this room overall is again...meh.

Ok, so your help is needed. Tell me what you would change to make this wall a knock-out instead of a swing-and-a-miss.

8 comments:

  1. I would add a few smaller frames at each end. Mixing up frame sizes would probably help, too. I think you've chosen great colors to 'pop' off of a neutral wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback, Trisha! Every time I walk through that room the wall bugs me, so I will definitely be changing it up. I think you're right that different sizes--and maybe even shapes--would help. :)

      Delete
  2. They are all beautiful! Maybe a change in wall color, and mix in some texture/shape variety will make your lovely watercolors pop the way they should :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya. I agree I need a new wall color. I've painted that room 3 times believe it or not. It's got weird light and I just can't get it right! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. I actually like the antique print but what I think you need are some better quality frames along with a colorful inner mat next to the white mats to add definition and depth to the wall. They could all be the same or you could vary the colors since it is subtle. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's beautiful! But, I totally understand what you mean with the vintage piece. It's stands out in a way I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe you could try adding an element to the gallery wall that isn't flat? I'd like to see something metallic but I'm such a fish, I love sparkle and shine. I do think it's beautiful as-is though and I'm sure whatever change you make it going to look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The antique print is my favorite but see your point of the gallery wall just not looking quite right. Maybe a few more smaller prints and more interesting frames would balance everything out.

    I'm in love with Waterlogue too!
    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the general consensus is that something is off. I haven't changed anything yet and it bugs me every time I walk through that room. I agree with you that it has a lot to do with the frames. Thanks, Ashley!

      Delete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...