Monday, July 21, 2014

Craft of the Week: Subtle Coastal Accents You Can Make



Hi there! How was your weekend? Ours was wonderfully unproductive, but now I'm ready to get back at it. Do you ever feel that way? We took a mental break from all of our have-tos this weekend--and it was great--but I can't stay idle for long.

I really love coastal style, how 'bout you? Especially the grown-up variety that's cottage-y, but not overdone with too many in-your-face "this is a beach house!" accents. I wrote about all the ways you can do coastal style over on About.com. Check it out! Here are some great DIY accessories from the blogosphere that subtly send out the coastal vibe without a lighthouse, seahorse, or anchor in sight. These projects are mostly about using textures and colors to evoke the sea, rather than iconic images, and I love their subtlety, don't you?


Large Glass Buoys by Craftberry Bush


Coastal Pallet Sign by Blue Eyed Yonder


Seashell-Stamped Pillows by Maker Crate


Bowls of Coiled Rope via Apartment Therapy


DIY Coastal Lamp by Salt Marsh Cottage


Driftwood Tea Light Holders by The Gold Jellybean


Coastal Wall Art by Provident Home Designs

4 comments:

  1. Great project ideas! Thanks for sharing them! My weekend was also very uneventful (I love it that way) It's almost back to school and everything will get crazy once again. Will enjoy the uneventful weekends as much as i can get them! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. I don't mind an uneventful weekend. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. I'm not really into the coastal look, but there are some lovely ideas here that could be adapted to suit other themes. A very nice round-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie, I'm glad you liked the ideas. I like how subtly coastal they are.

      Delete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...