Monday, January 13, 2014

Craft of the Week: 10 Tin Can Projects



Hi everyone! I'm on an organizing kick...and I know a lot of you are, too. A new year means new resolutions and sometimes lofty goals, which means the need to clear the clutter and get busy! Last week I showed you a few ideas for how to transform a painter's drop cloth into beautiful home accessories, and you guys seemed to like that post. So this week, I thought I'd feature another humble material: the tin can. Turns out, it makes an awesome storage container. Here are some ways to dress up tin cans for upcycled storage vessels or vases.


Pretty pen pots by Torie Jayne


Washi-Tape Tin Cans by The Crafted Sparrow


Gilded Tin Can Centerpiece by Shelterness


Twig Covered Tin Can by Simple Homemade


Tin Can Utensil Holder by HGTV


Industrial Chic Tin Cans by HGTV


Hairbrush Storage by The Creative Imperative


Plastic Bag Storage by Bonnie Donahue


Cork Covered Cans by The 3Rs


Tin Can Yarn Storage by Do Stuff!


Makes me crave some Campbell's soup for some reason...and I know what I'll do with the leftover can! Happy organizing!

13 comments:

  1. I really like this round-up! I love repurposing things, I will be trying a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany! I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  2. Washi Tape, who doesn't love it. I also love the can covered in sticks, that's fabulous. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Andrea! Thx for coming by and have a wonderful evening!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post, Tanya! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Hi Val,

    Found you via Craft-O-Maniac. Thank for sharing these ideas! My favorite is the one done up with the twigs.

    Val @ artsybuildinglady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one, too! Thanks for visiting, Val...and good name, by the way! ;)

      Delete
  5. I came across your blog while on another one and I just love your ideas. Your 10 Tin Can ideas are amazing and great projects for this winter snow days for the kids.

    I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2014/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-70-with-three.html



    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ways to reuse those cans! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love upcycling. Great ideas. We made a tin can robot one time for a school project.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...