Thursday, January 16, 2014

10 Tricks for a Clean House



  1. To clean your ceiling fans, wrap a dryer sheet around a clean paint roller and secure with rubber bands. Attach your extension handle and roll across the top and bottom of each fan blade.
  2. Use a lint roller to clean lamp shades. (I do this all the time...works so much better than the vacuum attachment.)
  3. Remove scuff marks on the floor with a dry tennis ball.
  4. Seal your stove's drip pans or burner grates in Ziploc bags with a few tablespoons of ammonia. Let sit overnight. Wipe clean. (This has worked beautifully for me!)

    Source
  5. Soak a paper towel in vinegar and wrap around sink fixtures for about an hour to remove hard water stains.

    Source
  6. To clean crusty messes in your microwave, put a couple of lemon slices in a Pyrex measuring cup with a cup or so of water. Boil in the microwave. The steam will loosen the baked-on splatters so you can wipe them out with a rag, and the lemon will deodorize.
  7. After you're done with the lemon in your microwave, dump it in your garbage disposal with several ice cubes. The ice will clean stinky gunk off the blades and the lemon will deodorize it. You could also put some baking soda in the drain afterwards to absorb any remaining odors but I have found that the ice and lemon do the trick.
  8. Use a butter knife and a rag to clean your dusty cold air returns and heating vents.

    Source
  9. To shine up your stainless steel, buff with a soft cloth and a few drops of olive oil.
  10. Fill a dish wand with 1 part vinegar to 1 part dishwashing liquid and leave it in the shower. Scrub down the shower before you get out of it yourself.

10 comments:

  1. Great tips. I've done the microwave one, but didn't think to then use it in my disposal. I will be trying this. Also think I will be trying the shower wand, if it's right there it would be so easy to just clean away for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Sarah! I'm glad you found the tips helpful!

      Delete
  2. Going to try the tip this weekend on my stove top pans. Thanks!

    www.yourorganizedfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Hope it works as well for you as it did for me...let me know!

      Delete
  3. These are great tips! I love the one with the lint roller.....I have 4 cats so a lint roller would definitely come in handy! I'd love for you to share it with us at Sewlicious Home Decor! http://sewlicioushomedecor.com/saturday-showlicious-craft-showcase-party-3. :)

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  4. the tips were all very nice, I enjoyed reading them and learning a thing or two.
    A single mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re number 8. I use a clean paint brush with some endust to get those clean., way faster than the butter knife method. I have one 2" paint brush in my dusting bin for dusting grill like stuff. I have a 1 inch brush I use to dust the keyboards and computer. Just remember to wash the brushes periodically and let them air dry. Endust makes a product for dusting electronics. And keep them away from anyone who wants to paint!
    --Valanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ! I am a first-timer reading all of these awesome tricks, I will use each and everyone of them, I will add my feeble ideas if any, thank you so much, keep up the awesome posts !!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...