Thursday, December 5, 2013

Snowy Village Mantel



Hi there! How are you today? I'm feeling like I have things in hand. ToDAY. (Who knows about tomorrow?) But I've got 4 kinds of cookies; the outside decorated (for the first time ev-ah!); and the inside of the house is officially decorated. So speaking of decorations, I wanted to show you my mantel today. You may have seen the gilding of my little garage sale houses on the blog yesterday. Here is a closeup of my Christmas village.



As for the rest of it, I stayed with my starburst mirror and vintage window. I just can't get enough of that combo with the white painted mantel. I stacked books in various heights along the length of the mantel, then draped some fabric over it to create some height. After putting the Christmas village front and center, I filled it in with my Christmas tree jars from last year:


How to Make Christmas Tree Jars


I also sprinkled in my faux mercury glass votive holders. Here's a closeup of those:


How to Make Faux Mercury Glass


Finally, I placed 2 white tinsel trees like bookends and called the whole thing done.



I really like how it turned out...kinda peaceful, calm and pretty. That's how we use that room anyway. For fires, reading, and chatting. The other room is much more boisterous...I'll show you how I decorated that next week. But let's just say, it's the opposite of monochromatic. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so in love with your mantle! I'm totally having a love affair with gold right now so this is just screaming my name!
    I'm coming over from the Show and Tell Saturday blog hop!

    Jessie @ Life as Mrs. Larson
    www.lifeasmrslarson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you made my day, Jessica! Thx so much for your kind words. :) Have a great holiday!

      Delete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...