Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Recipe of the Week: One-Pot Fiesta Chicken



I try to make every meal I suggest here on Home Made Modern extremely family-friendly and QUICK. This one fits the bill, and it also has the added bonus that you can just use frozen chicken breasts, which is perfect if you chronically forget to defrost meat like I do. I hope you'll give this a try. Gotta love the one-pot wonder!

One-Pot Fiesta Chicken

2 frozen chicken breasts
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. converted brand rice
1 c. salsa
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 package of taco seasoning
1 can black beans
1 1/2 c. corn
1/2 c. to 1 c. shredded cheddar
sour cream for garnishing each bowl

Combine the chicken broth, rice, salsa, seasoning and onion in the crock pot.
Add the chicken breasts.
Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours, or until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
After 3 hours, remove the chicken and slice it. Add it back to the crock pot, along with the beans and corn. Stir to combine and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Turn the heat to low and cook another 20-30 minutes, or until the beans and corn are heated and the cheese has melted on top.
Serve with sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Ole!

8 comments:

  1. Recently found your blog and am enjoying it. Nominated you for the liebster award. You can find details here on my blog:
    http://www.createitgo.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I always forget to thaw my meat! I love it when I can throw frozen chicken into the crockpot!! Wonderful recipe! Would love it you'd share this with Saturday Share With Us!
    http://www.lemonsforlulu.com/2013/02/09/saturday-share-with-us/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't cook too much, but this is right up my alley. I think the kids will love it as well. Thank you so much for the recipe.
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple dinner! Love using my crock pot to make my life easier and hubby loves Mexican food so I know this will be a hit. Just pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too quick and easy NOT to make! I am adding these ingredients to my grocery list this week! I came over from Classy Clutter's Link Party to say hello and tell you I'm a new follower!

    <3 Bethany @ Thesepiapuppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I make something like this with salsa but I think I am going to try your version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds great! I'm printing it now so we can give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silly question, but what is converted rice.
    THANKS DG

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...