Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Peanut Butter Nutella Banana Muffins



I'm back today with a recipe I think you'll love. I found this one on Half Baked Harvest, and since our girls love peanut butter and nutella sandwiches, I knew they'd like these. I adapted it only very slightly this time, but next time, I think I'll try using only whole wheat flour. I'm glad I took a picture of these right away because they didn't last long...we ALL enjoyed eating them for breakfast and snacks.

Peanut Butter Nutella Banana Muffins

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup white flour
1/2 whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
18 heaping teaspoons Nutella

Spray two muffin pans with nonstick spray. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg, vanilla and sugars. I used a hand mixer.

Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir or mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan. Fill each cup 3/4 of the way. Drop 1 teaspoon of Nutella on top of each muffin and swirl with a knife.

Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a rack to allow them to cool.

6 comments:

  1. These look unreal delicious. My husband loves banana muffins (with chocolate chips) and this looks like an awesome update. I guess I'll just have to go out an get some Nutella-awe shucks! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound too wonderful to pass up trying. And I have all the ingredients on hand! Thanks! Linda @www.paperseedlings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound delicious!! I will try!

    I'm visiting you from http://www.highheelsandgrills.com/ :-)


    Catarina
    http://nolugarquechamocasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw these and instantly thought of my daughter. She loves banana muffins and nutella. Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to make these for her. Visiting from Sugar Bee Crafts hop. www.thememorynest.blogspot.com Would love for you to stop by and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The recipe sounds amazing. Just one question - can the canola oil be replaced with something else? If so, with what exactly? I don't think we have that in my country...
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...