Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Pumpkin Drops



Well, hello there! I'm excited to share this recipe with you today because it was such a hit with the kiddos in our house. I LOVE baking with pumpkin in the fall, and as much as I love me a good pumpkin roll (the kind with cream cheese), I'm always looking for something not quite as messy. I'm a big fan of transportable sweets. Or freezeable ones, like these pumpkin pancakes that our girls also love. I had seen some recipes for pumpkin snickerdoodles, and that gave me the idea to create these, which are kinda a cross between a snickerdoodle and my grandma's soft sugar cookies. In any case...yum.

Pumpkin Drops

1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 c. flour
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.

Add the 1 c. sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, ginger and nutmeg. Beat till combined.

Beat in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin until combined.

Beat in the flour.

Cover and chill for 1 hour.

Meanwhile, combine the 2 T. sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. Also, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

When dough is chilled, drop by the teaspoon-full onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Give each a healthy sprinkle of the cinnamon sugar.

Bake at 375 for 11-12 minutes.

13 comments:

  1. Oh you kill me! Sitting here drinking my coffee and wishing I had a few of these to go along with it! They look yummy - come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest if you have a minute: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks, Lisa! Hope you try 'em. Super easy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You rock! Thanks, Angela...for your visit and for following. Hope you'll come back often.

      Delete
  3. Mmm, I love snickerdoodles so these sound absolutely fabulous! Thanks for linking this up to The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to let you know I featured this today! My husband (who edits my posts) saw these being featured last night and was like "Umm, can you make me those?" so I'm excited to try them!

      You can check it out and grab a button here: http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/10/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-22/

      Delete
    2. Thanks again, Jessi! Love your blog, and am a regular at your parties! :)

      Delete
  4. I love pumpkin, snickerdoodles and sugar cookies, so I am sure I would love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try them, Jenn. Thanks for stoppping by!

      Delete
  5. These look amazing! I love pumpkin in just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these look too good to be true! I can't wait to try them, found your blog through http://www.craft-o-maniac.com/ link up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...