Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mommy Needs a Timeout!

Sigh. Big sigh. Here's where I'm at in life: Just as I'm getting over my rash of biblical proportions from that allergic reaction I had, I begin to get another cold. And our 3-year-old has decided not to nap. Ever. I know, I know, it's normal for a child this age to give up napping but it was like a light switch! Just...no napping! I've been spoiled. Ever since our first baby established a nap schedule, I've been able to count on 2 hours a day to get stuff done. Throw in laundry, iron, tidy up house, start dinner, work on blog projects and write posts. I was a whirlwind during that 2 hours. Now, all of a sudden...poof! No time. Thus, the lack of blog posts. The projects I had in mind to complete for this week never got done, and thus, there are no pretty pictures to stage and write about. I had also hoped to roll out some design changes to my blog, too, but that's definitely had to take a back seat. At this point, I've decided to give up the ghost and hope for a better week next week.

This saddens me beyond belief. Blogging gives my days structure and a sense of productivity that housework doesn't satisfy. Without it, I feel at loose ends. It's amazing to me how much this little project of mine has come to mean to me. Do you know what I mean?

So I'm trying to figure out a new schedule for my day. Getting up earlier seems to be one logical solution. In the meantime, my to-do list keeps growing. How do the rest of you fit it all in? Help!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. When my youngest decide not nap any more I was totally lost, it took a bit to figure out how this new schedule was going to work. Now both my boys are in school, but all it takes is one sick day to throw my whole week off track. I haven't figured out how to do it all yet, I'm learning to be content if I get the most important things done! Hang in there, you'll find your new rhythm before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right, Alli. Still waiting for that to happen! Thanks for stopping by...

      Delete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...