Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall Mantel with Brown Paper Bag Flowers

Hello friends! I'm really excited to show you how our fall mantel turned out this year. It's sometimes hard for me to strike the right balance between full, but not cluttered and the scale of things messes me up a lot, too. But I think I got it right this time.

Special thanks to A Place For Us for her amazing paper bag flower tutorial! I followed her directions to the letter and was pleased to watch mine turn out just like I hoped.



Perhaps you've already seen my pressed fall leaf pictures, but here they are again next to a couple of gourds I got at Hobby Lobby (during last year's 90% off clearance sale!). The green glass vase is from an upscale shop in Grand Haven, Michigan, but I got it on clearance. (I'm a sucker for green and blue glass.) And the leafy branch inside it is just from JoAnn's.



On the left side of the mantel, I propped the acorn frame we made a couple of years ago from the hundreds of acorn caps we collect on our fall hikes. I never wrote up a tutorial on this one, though, so if you want one, leave me a comment! The flannel stuffed pumpkin was also from Hobby Lobby last year. And the mercury glass votives are another DIY project of mine, as you may well remember.



So that's it! I'm really happy with it. Now on to decorating the foyer for Halloween!



Fall Party


DIY Show Off Fall Festival Party

25 comments:

  1. Your mantel is lovely! I especially love the acorn picture frame... what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise, and so easy! We just stained a cheap, flat-sided frame, hot-glued on the acorns (we positioned them first), then I sprayed it with sealer.

      Delete
  2. What a great mantle! I love the paper bag flowers. So pretty.
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tuula! I hope you come back again soon!

      Delete
  3. Soo cute! I'm visiting from Cowgirl Up and am your newest follower :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great execution on those paper bag flowers - I have always loved them and you pulled it all together so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! I've always loved them, too. Brilliant idea from A Place For Us. Don't you just love getting inspiration from each other?

      Delete
  5. The paper bag flowers are amazing! I love how you hung them, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alli! Although I can't take credit for how I hung them, either. A Place For Us "placed" them so perfectly I just couldn't improve upon it. :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE that mantle! SO so cute!! I just found your blog through Lil' Luna link party! We are your newest followers! http://moresisterstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your mantle turn out!
    I would love to invite you to Homa Style's No Orange Autumn Display Link Party going on now. Here's the link...
    http://homastyle.com/wp/2012/09/25/no-orange-autumn-decor/
    Hope to see your mantle there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from Centsational Girl. Love the acorn cap frame - what a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb, we had fun making it, too! Hope you come back soon!

      Delete
  9. This is amazing!! LOVE it all!! thank you for sharing at our Uncommonly Yours link party!! featuring this tomight on our FB page!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ladies! I love linking up at your party.

      Delete
  10. Fabulous mantle. Love the picture frame. Thanks for sharing.
    I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Angie, and for choosing to follow me! I so appreciate your visit!

      Delete
  11. How pretty! I love the brown paper flowers, they look great! And love the wreath too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! They turned out just like the tutorial I followed. Didn't make the wreath, though...it was from Jo-Ann's last year. :)

      Delete
  12. Thank you so much for linking to Homa Style’s No Orange Autumn Display Link Party. Your mantle is incredible and I was excited to show it to my readers. Homa Style will be hosting a Simple Holiday Handmade Gift Idea Link Party {Please no sale items} on Oct 31. Hope to see you there. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those paper bag flowers! I'll definitely go check out the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers are super cute, and the whole mantel looks great! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So festive! Gorgeous mantel and love those paper bag flowers! Perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...and I read each and every one! Since you've taken the time to visit my blog, I'll take the time to respond. Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...