Nap Rating = 2 naps (factoring in dry-time)
Tools & Materials
- Tray (could be metal or wood)
- Spray paint in cream or white
- Access to a photocopier (possibly)
- Painter's tape
- Sharpie or other permanent marker like this one
- Spray sealer
- Lightly sand your tray if it has chipped paint or rust on it. Wipe it with a damp towel and let dry.
- Spray paint your tray and let dry overnight.
- Find an image for an eye chart online (I used Google Images) and print it out. You may need to enlarge it with a copier. I did.
- Using a pencil, color the back of the graphic like I did here.
- Turn the graphic right side up again, and center it on the tray. Use painter's tape to secure it.
- With a pencil, trace the outline of the letters. The pencil on the back of the paper will transfer to the tray.
- Remove the paper, and using the permanent marker or paint pen, fill the graphic in.
- Spray the tray with sealer.
I put my new creation on our bedside table and it kinda makes me laugh because, incidentally, I'm blind as a bat when I wake up and have to fumble for my glasses. Get it? I love it when I make something that has an ironic or secret meaning to me or my family.
Entered into this great contest:
Shared at the thrifty project party at Our Fifth House.